Thursday, April 25, 2013

"Live Oak" on SNAP!

SNAP! is an amazing photography event in Orlando, Florida. It Showcases the work of renowned photographers as well as emerging talent, like myself!

They were holding a competition to find the talent for this year’s show themed “Motion to Light” and I decide to participate.

A couple of weeks earlier I had done a study on fine art with the bulb mode of my camera. If that sounds like Greek to you, the bulb mode of the camera is a mode that enables you to open the shutter as you hold the button and then close it as you release it.

The shutter of the camera controls how much light reaches the sensor or film, as well as freezing or having motion in an image. If you do not understand these concepts and would like to learn about them, sign up for my newsletter, I am planning a series of videos to teach amateurs the basics of photography so you can actually take advantage of that new DSLR you just got.

I will email you the links of the videos as soon as they come out. Just enter your email and subscribe.












Now, back to SNAP! and the motion study.

I love Oak trees; I saw a gorgeous evening sky on one direction and a beautiful oak tree 90 degrees to my right.

I set the camera on bulb opened the shutter and held it pointing to the colorful sky for a few seconds, quickly I moved the camera 90 degrees and held it pointing at the tree for what it seemed to be the same few seconds as before. I then, closed the shutter and here is the result: “Live Oak”




I was really happy with it and that photograph is being exhibited at the City Art Factory right now, a great gallery at downtown Orlando.
Address: 29 S Orange Ave, Orlando, FL 32801

The photograph will be there until May 5th, 2013. If you have the chance stop by and check it out, it is also available for sale right at the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment